Cuatro & Spanish Guitar
**Now accepting registration for the Fall 2013 term**
To sign up for classes, please return the form below to email@example.com.
The Puerto Rican Arts Alliance provides free Cuatro and Spanish Guitar lessons to anybody who is interested in learning to play. The PRAA works with the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and the Humboldt Park District to offer free classes in Chicago schools as well as the Humboldt Park Fieldhouse. Lessons are held once a week from October through May. To date, the PRAA has served over 5,000 CPS students at the Park District (Humboldt Park) and has worked with more than 10 public schools. Lessons are open to all youths and adults above the age of eight.Advanced students become members of the Chicago Cuatro Orchestra, which performs around Chicago and the Midwest, including at the annual Cuatro Festival.
- Students learn how to read music and understand chord structure
- Students learn about the history of Puerto Rico
- Students are evaluated to ensure that they are learning proper musical technique
- Each intermediate class performs publicly at the end of the class session
Requirements: Each student must:
- Have an interest in playing the Cuatro or Spanish Guitar.
- Maintain a C average or better in school.
- Be at least 8 years of age.
- Have parental involvement. Parents must also provide transportation for their child.
- Be a Chicago resident.
- Attend all classes. Anyone who accumulates two inexcusable absences will be dismissed from the program. (Exceptions can be made with your music instructor)